Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a 10m ladder

Options
  • 21-02-2023 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi Boarders, I need my gutters cleaned and was told I'd need a 10m ladder.

1. Does anyone know where I might rent one?
    2. What kind of cost?

Dublin area please

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

That's an enormous ladder, we used to have some for doing cabling work on town houses but they were kept under lock and key, a platform was always preferred for that height.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Rent a cherrypicker or get someone that does that type of work and already has their own access platform machine. 10m on a ladder is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Getting a 10m ladder is one thing. Getting the balls to use it is quite another.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

How tall is your house?? A 'standard' 6m ladder is plenty to do the gutters on a 2 storey house. I used one from B&Q, with a hook to install a pair of Ring cameras at the eaves. Definitely have someone hold the base though, it's very hairy business, I started to get uncomfortable around 3m up. No matter what it's made of, it'll wobble at those sorts of lengths.

Advertisement