Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shrove Tuesday..

• 21-02-2023 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

.. and the gateway to the solemnities of Ash Wednesday and Lent.

When I first came to Ireland, way way back. I spent my first Ash Wednesday at Knock Shrine. An unforgettable day. Ireland and the faith here was new to me. .

A deeply reflective and memorable time, and now the threshhold to Lent again. A time here for " Silence and Solitude and Persevering Prayer. "

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I suppose for most it's Pancake Tuesday, but still it is the threshold of one old discipline that people still observe, although usually for health reasons like dropping the drink and the smokes. I will try for the morning (Low) Mass each day, aside from eating and drinking more sparely.

Advertisement