Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] warned on rugby forum

Options
  • 21-02-2023 6:14pm
    Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭

ive received a warning on the rugby forum for asking if it was ok to post in a newly created thread, when an admin had closed a previous version of the thread citing the reason is it could lead to provocation.

The admin awec, then removed this post and sent me a waring, which i want removed please. The reason for the warning is wrong, the language and communication from the admin in the pms is questionable in the minimum and patronising in the extreme

i can send the pm chain on to whoever is dealing with this... obviously awec as an admin cannot be the adjudicator on it.

Post edited by Neyite on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'll take a look at this and yes, whoever gave you a Warning would not be the adjudicator here.

If you are not happy with my decision, you can appeal to an Admin, but awec would still not be involved for obvious reasons.

As you have clearly had a PM exchange and it hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction, send those messages onto me and I can start to look into it please.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thanks shamobuc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thank you for your PM.

I've read through the original thread and awec's post re the op was correct. This is especially true, as it was after the Mod Note re Zero Tolerance ( which you said you had read ) in the thread that had page after page of 'heated exchange' as you put it.

He posted.... If you want to edit your post to something more suitable (not sure if Vanilla allows you to edit it) then I can re-open it, or else start a new one.

This is very clearly saying that it was ok to open a new thread but with an op that was more suitable.

You then posted in the New Thread.... "maybe we need to wait for the blessings of the mods before we know if this is considered safe to post in??"

I would agree that it was off topic, because it clearly was, and I also agree that it was commenting on Mods in a manner that wasn't in anyway necessary, given the clear guidance issued previously in the bolded text above.

The warning stands in my view.

RE the language used in the PM exchange, 'being smart' would refer to the 'needing the blessings of the Mods' - which was a bit smart in my view also, as you knew full well that it was okay given the Bolded text post above.

From your PM, I can see your viewpoint whereby you believe linking the 'heated exchange' and the warning as being an issue and to an extent, I agree with you.

Mods/Cat Mods/Admins - wherever possible - should not issue warnings directly to a poster that they are having a 'heated exchange' with. It would be preferable to leave another Mod adjudicate on the post instead. This is not always possible of course. Actioning a post in a thread they are simply posting in, is of course perfectly acceptable.

However, in this case, it is not an issue I believe, as I would have no problem issuing a Warning for your post, given the reasons set out above.

If you are not happy with my reasoning, you may of course ask for an Admin to take a look and as mentioned, it would of course not be awec.

You might post your decision when you read this post please.

Did you see the first post in the new build up thread as it was originally posted, or are you only able to see the edited version (which awec himself edited btw)?

because if you havent seen what the first post looked like, the video clip which was embedded and the language used in the post... then you are commenting on a position being blind to why i posted what i posted.

the question i asked was certainly required based on how that OP looked. if you are viewing it through the prism of the edited post, then thats incorrect.

also, "maybe we need to wait for the blessings of the mods before we know if this is considered safe to post in" was essentially an appeal to the mods to say whether the OP (in its original state) was allowable.

by virtue of the fact that awec edited the language and removed the video clip absolutely proves that the question was warranted

with this new information to hand, can you please review your decision as i consider your post above to be erroneous and ill informed.

This is not new information. It is clear that the post was edited, who edited it and what was there previously and as such, I consider my decision an informed one.

Do you wish for an Admin review?

• Advertisement

Yes please

I will pass it onto to the Admins so.

deleted

you can close this thread please

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement