Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an item to Lidl?

Options
  • 21-02-2023 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a drill/driver a few months ago and it has developed a fault so I had intended taking it back to the store where it was purchased for either a replacement (unlikely) or a refund. But a guy I know who works there told me I would have to phone their head office first and get a code and then take the code and the faulty item back to the store.

So I decided to go this route and after a few questions etc the woman said she would transfer me to their service/repair team. Im assuming I was transferred to somewhere in England but between the jigs and the reels the second woman then says she would email me a prepaid returns label and for me to return the item only without the box and without any other bits and bobs that came with it when purchased. I could then ring the courier to arrange collection, Now the email states that I have to "Package the defective item(s) carefully in a sturdy cardboard". So I cant use the box it came in but now Im expected to get a sturdy box of appropriate size and pack it for collection. A very strange way of doing things.

To the point of the story... Am I within my rights to just go to the store now and return the faulty item?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I had a petrol lawnmower which packed up. I had to drain it and they had UPS collect and shipped it back to the UK. A cheque for the full amount was then sent to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

hi op.

Am I within my rights to just go to the store now and return the faulty item?

no you are not. the key is to know your rights. your right is to one of the 3 Rs. Repair Replace refund.

Retailer is offering you a remedy & apparently living up to their obligations. c'mon, package it in a decent box, thrown in bubble wrap or newspaper etc if the box it a little big, pop some padding in.

Advertisement