Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assaulted on the boardwalk this afternoon

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭L.Ball

So no numbers from the numbers man. You don't need to be a technical genius to get around an immobilizer and the high number of Japanese imports in the country means a lot of cars still don't have them. Go tell the two Gardai who were rammed in their car in Cherry Orchard need to be back out on the streets they were just imagining it, here go knock on all doors of these poor people in Darndale tell them to stop moaning.

Cocaine treatment triples between 2015 and 2021 (hrb.ie)

We've swapped heroin for Coke it seems, no problems coming down the line from that.

"It seems highly implausible that murders would be falling but serious non fatal assaults would at the same time be rising."

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,249 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are you OK, need medical attention, I'd pursue further with Gardai, keep pressure on them to find the scum

You could have been killed, minors don't fear the law as likely get off, reopen St. Pats

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It was. And definitely part of the reason I left (one part of many, mind). It really hit home when we brought young scrote from base to Cork Prison one time. 2 hour drive and we got the job just before lunch. So we went, dropped lad off, signed the paperwork. Stopped at a chipper on the way out of Cork, the well known one near the prison (didn't think it was great tbh, Cork people don't have a Donkey Fords so they don't know what they're talking about), 30-ish minutes to get the food and eat it, 2 hour drive home. Driving back into the city I was based in, and there's lad walking out of the train station after being given €20 and a train ticket home as there was no space. Looking back, that's when I started getting disillusioned but I didn't cop it at the time.

Seeing scumbags who you wrestled with a few weeks previous out and about enjoying their life instead of locked up like the animals they are... It does take a toll. I've massive respect for Gardai who can keep going in the face of that, and all the other BS the job entails. This country wants a soft, approachable force who are hard on criminals, but the term criminal is different to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭high_tower

That boardwalk is not safe at night and is full of dodgy characters. . In most tourist cities you’d think a nice stroll along the boardwalk in the evening would be a pleasant experience so I can see how they’d be caught out. That’s definitely not the case in dublin.

Advertisement