Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrywood vs Shankill

Options
  • 22-02-2023 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello, my wife and I are looking to buy a 3 or 4 bedroom house. We have a 4y old kid and we are renting an apartment near Dun Laoghaire at the moment and we love it but the area is out of our price range. We identified the new developments in cherrywood and Shankill as a possible alternative considering that I need to go to my office near Charlemont at least 3 times a week. Based on surveys/reading at the moment I have the following info:

• cherrywood: good quality houses (ber A2/A3). Luas 5/10 min walking that can’t take 1 hour during peak hours. N11 busses (potentially faster than the luas) at 10 min walking distance. Potential amenities being built in the complex (shopping centre). School already built. Fast access to m50 and to the mountains. So far looks a safe area.
    • shankill: smaller development (good). Close to the sea. Access to the dart and fast bus lines (145, 84x). Need to drive to reach amenities. Looks a safe area.

can anybody living in any of those area provide some feedback on the above please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭C3PO

Having lived in Shankill for 25 years, I would strongly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

The Dublin Mountains way starts in shankill village at Brady's pub. The schools are open, is the one in Cherrywood open, do you have a date for it opening?

Lidl is in Shankill, very handy. Downside is there will be a lot of development in Shankill and Cherrywood over the next few years. Cherrywood will be a bit modern/ industrial while Shankill is a village. For both consider how far will you be from the M11 / M50 and will you be affected by noise from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sokrates80

As far as I know the primary school is already open

Advertisement