Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Newcastle, U.K., next month

• 22-02-2023 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Myself and my wife staying there for five days, so just looking to see if anyone who has been there would recommend things to do or see.

On our list so far is to go to the Discovery museum, a day trip to Durham, and, (of course!) a visit to see The Angel of the North.

My wife loves to browse around antique shops...I see online there are a few such places there but maybe some better than others?

We won't be driving (too much stress for me on any holiday) so relying on taxis/public transport. Any suggestions much appreciated...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Newcastle is lovely, enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Had a nice leisurely few days there. It's well known for its night life. All that is a bit beyond me now but the place looked very lively if you're into that kind of thing. York isn't too far away on the train either if you're looking for another day trip option.

Advertisement