Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost divorce decree - how to get a copy?

Options
  • 22-02-2023 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I got divorced in 2003 but have since lost my divorce decree. Is there anywhere I can get a copy? My divorce hearing was in Phoenix House. Is it them I contact? I am now planning my retirement and need my divorce decree to show that I have no pension adjustment orders attached to it.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

You need to go into the courthouse that your divorce was granted in and then obtain a copy in person. My divorce was in the Dublin Circuit Court so I had to go into the public office and request it, went before lunch and it was quiet enough.

I can't remember if you need ID but bring it with you just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ann Jude

Thanks for the information Fiona. I got through to a lovely lady in Phoenix House. My divorce documentation is off site because it is going back to 2003 so she has put in a order for it to be taken out of storage. Says it takes about two weeks and will contact me when she has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ann Jude

Just an update on the above. I called into Phoenix House yesterday at lunchtime to pick up the copy. Little office at the side of the main court building. Three in the queue in front of me and the girl on the desk was so efficient. I was out in about 10 mins. Very highly impressed with the level of this service given that my divorce was 20 years ago. Special thanks to a lady called Ann who had it copied and waiting for me in an envelope :)

Advertisement