Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED - night vision recommendations

Options
  • 22-02-2023 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

Just been approved for a new 243 and looking at purchasing a night vision scope for it.

Could anyone that’s used ay night vision scopes please recommend one.

Currently looking at the atn xsight 4K but want to explore other options before purchasing.

Also anyone selling a night vision scope leave a comment below

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Sorry if this is a stupid question but have you authorisation on your licence to mount a night vision scope? The Gardai are starting to clamp down on people who don't have authorisation for them.

See this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭clivej

I used a PARD 008+ for years. Newer version out since then. Great bit of kit IMO. But remember they are only as good as the NV light source you use.

I told the FO I used NV but never heard back or seen any indication of being allowed the use on any of my licenses. Has anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Nothing to stop you from buying the scope,just don't mount it on your gun or buy a monocular system that you can mount on the rifle scope when you get permission,if ever. Seems to be a total cluster F''k now at the moment

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zutic

yeah i am aware that they are clamping down on this my local FO has given me permission to mount a vight vision i just need to put a deposit on the scope and supply the serial number and my license will be ammended accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zutic

yeah so ive be told have my eye on one of the sniperhog IR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭keith s

I have a pulsar C50, good in day and at night. I have a solaris lazer IR for the night work and find it great.

I've a few videos up on YouTube if you want to take a look.

I like the battery setup too, it's easy to swap out and the scope has a built in rechargeable battery, so you can hot swap the removable battery without having to power off the scope.

A mate has the ATN 4k and it is class too. I'd say about the same in quality.

Earlier ATNs were plauged with software issues, but from what I have seen on the 4k, it's very good.

With the ATN 4K, it doesn't have the swap abilities, but it does have the option to add a Bluetooth rangefinder think it's called ABL or something (fits at the front of the scope). So, once you punch in all the details (scope height, bullet BC and such) then out in the feild, you can spot something, get a range on it and adjust the zero with a click or two.. Very handy!

Personally, I'm a pulsar fan boy, I have pulsar spotter as well. But I do not think you'll be disappointed with either.

Post edited by keith s on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Err... Say what? How does your FO get to grant you that permission??? That requires authorisation from your local Garda Superintendent under the offensive weapons act 1991?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Paddyviking

I'm currently using a Thermion 2 xp50 on my .243 and also a pulsar fan.

I applied to my area station for a permit and got back a new licence with SE ( electronic sights) on it which allows me to use it

Pv

Advertisement