Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Addresspal

Options
  • 22-02-2023 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anybody had trouble with addresspal.

I ordered health seeds from the UK but got the message from Addresspal that they were a prohibited item. They requested a prepaid envelope to send them back to the shipper. It would cost as much to send them back so using addresspal is a liability.

Has Addresspal has turned into a bit of a joke if you need anything shipped from the UK. Is it a liability using them

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭SVI40

Nope, great service, once you follow the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Haners

Who would ever have thought that seeds would be prohibited by An Post? Particularly when they are a sold as a health food. If you look at the prohibited list there are a lot of items that can potentially be rejected. I never had a problem using UK Addresspal before when the UK was part of the EU. Has that changed the list. My advice is to checkout the prohibited list before using UK Addresspal. You will see that An Post can potentially prohibit anything. Perhaps its just luck getting it delivered.

For me its not worth taking the chance anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Before you were ordering from inside the common market with free movement of goods. When the UK left the common market they became a 3rd country and the EU has a lot of restrictions on importing plants, seeds and food from 3rd countries.

Advertisement