Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Previous Cancelled Policy

• 22-02-2023 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Anyone know if insurance companies share info relating to cancellations due to historic non payment of premiums?

Have noticed it in my new policy documents that I should declare it but wondering what the risks are?

Different insurer, cancellation was over five years ago.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Technically, if a policy was cancelled - for whatever reason - that reads presumptively as a cancellation.

If an applicant for insurance is required to declare if a previous insurer has ever cancelled a policy they would probably need to answer in the affirmative or else find themselves accused of non-disclosure / misrepresentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Saint Tom

Thanks for the response. I more meant in terms of databases and information sharing among insurers.

How would insurer a know a policy was cancelled by insurer b five years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,058 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They all have access to a shared database. It's highly unlikely they'll check when you take out the policy, if you make a claim there's a good chance they will check.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Saint Tom

Thanks for responses.

The two I see below and regards to motor policies only.

IIDS which refers to penalty points and no claims bonus (time limited).

And insurance link which refers to claims history.

Are there others?

Advertisement