Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuck in AMS Schipol for 10 hrs..... what to do there?

• 24-02-2023 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi. Am meeting a DUB connect in AMS tomorrow ..... just wondering

1. where best to hang out that comfortable
    2. Where to eat
    3. what to eat
    4. any deals to look for from the shops... wife hinting for a present!!
    5. best WIFI etc... as might do some office emails etc while hanging around
    6. any other recommendation....?.

all help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭89897

Are you meeting in the airport or the city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,450 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

10 hours is a long time in an airport.

Put your bags in a locker and get a train to Amsterdam, it's only 30 min or less away.

If you are exhausted after a long trip try the capsule hotel in the terminal, great for a sleep and shower after a long haul flight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

See can you pay to get into one of the lounges. Relax, stuff your face, snooze, have a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Masala

hi All …. Have an Aer Lingus Lounge pass as part of the flight cost….. so could just park up there. And use their WiFi etc. so that’s a good option I might take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,661 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Go in to Central Station and go for a spin on the canal in a water bus.

Then have a few beers and finish off with chips and mayonnaise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I had a 9 hour layover on a Sunday morning. Plenty of time to get into the city for a few hours.

What a nightmare on Landing ….. the queues weee horrendous. We actually queued somewhere to join another queue later….. 90 minutes from landing to collect my bag

so….. am waiting for the Checkin desk to open and then just go straight thru security….. can’t handle these queues and do just want to be out the other end. What a mess…..

• Sorry you are experiencing this. Years ago Schipol was one of the best airports in the world, a model of efficiency & good service. My Dad used to go through there regularly in 70s and praised its efficiency, then I did on 80s, last time was 2014, when it was still fantastic and dealt admirably with a missed connection. Since that it has apparently had more traffic than that it manage and has become a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Aurelian

There's a hotel on the airside where you can check in for a few hours only, have a kip and a shower.

I spent 6 hours there recently. Security was to much hassle to leave the airport.

Advertisement