Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beko dishwasher spares

• 24-02-2023 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

I've a dishwasher (Beko DW601) that's still working after 12 years of use. The only issue is the upper and lower baskets are slightly corroded. A few pieces have broken off the baskets and there are some rusty spots.

I contacted Beko support and they suggested a spares company in Ireland. They've quoted me €278 for both baskets delivered. This is actually cheaper than a few spare parts websites I've checked (mostly UK based I think) which want €100 or €200+ each depending on the basket. That's still the guts of a new dishwasher for just the baskets. It seems very wasteful when there's nothing mechanically wrong with the machine.

Other than putting up with slowly disintegrating baskets, is there a cheaper alternative? Is there something similar to a breakers yard for home appliances? I assume all WEEE waste is shipped off to be processed elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

You didn’t mention where you got you got the price of 100/200 from , did you try Exsparetise in Tullamore who are on the net, plenty on eBay uk ranging in price 35/45 pounds, cheapest if you can find them is a waste electrical depot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The sites that came up when I searched were bekospares.co.uk (£98.08 / £166.81), buy-spares.ie (€115.73 / €196.84), and espares.ie (€98.58 / €211.23). Quinnspares was the €278 quote.

Contacted Exsparetise and they quoted similarly high prices. They suggested that given the high price and the age of the dishwasher I'd be better off getting a new one.

I'll check out eBay, though the import charges put me off somewhat.

By waste electrical depots do you mean the recycling centres or are there other places?

Advertisement