Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot get a refund from Irish Ferries, after paying twice for a ferry ticket

Options
  • 24-02-2023 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Last September I booked a ferry from Pembroke to Rosslare on my phone. Getting to the ferryport the following day I was told the payment hadn't arrived. I showed them my banking app to show the funds had been taken out. They merely replied that to fix the situation I just buy a new ticket and they'll refund the earlier booking quickly - Stg 235.

Have been on the phone, sent eMails etc - all to no avail.

Any advice on my next move?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Try ringing them Tele: 0818 300 400 I believe is the number. I dealt with a gentleman previously and he was quite helpful in adjusting a booking for me and some other stuff. Give me a PM and I will pass on his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Saladin Ane

Hi Cape, some of our mails seem to have been deleted. Thanks for the advice.

This week, after threatening with Master Joe Duffy (it may be coincidence) but got a reply (after 5 eMails and maybe thrree calls) in which the lady said that she had found my double payment and I should expect it in my account within 10 days. Actually I copied and pasted a letter to Joe which I never sent.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Saladin Ane

Eventually the money dropped into my account on Wednesday June 14 roughly 9 months late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

In future just do a chargeback with your bank. There's no need to go through all that and wait that long.

Advertisement