Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refused refund from Ryanair, correct?

• 24-02-2023 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Flight from Malaga to Dublin was cancelled in September just before we got to the boarding gate due to a "French ATC strike". 6 or 7 flights in total were cancelled on the day, all Ryanair and all within about 2 hours of eachother. Other airlines including Aer Lingus seemed to be unaffected on the Malaga-Dublin route and other flights to and over France seemed okay. I couldn't find anything online about the strike, only that it had been cancelled a few days beforehand. We were stuck an additional 2 days and only got out with Aer Lingus on the Saturday night.

Ryanair refused our compensation claim as it was caused by factors outside their control. Have we any option to appeal this?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Do you mean a refund of the flight fare or EU261 compensation? With EU261 the factors that affected the flight have to be within the control of the airline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

We applied for EU261 compensation but it was refused. I suppose I have my doubts as to whether there was a strike at all but nothing I can do on that. I presume there is no other recourse here, just take the hit?

Advertisement