Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auschwitz tour

• 24-02-2023 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all

I've done a search but can't find anything recent.

We're heading to krakow for 5 days in april.

I've been looking to book a (hotel pick up) Auschwitz day tour.

There seems to be loads of options and prices.

Any recommendations??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Be right back

When I did it, I booked it through the reception at the hotel. I would recommend leaving it until the last full day of your stay as it's really heavy going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

Krakow is a brilliant spot, lovely city, not expensive and loads to do.

I booked ahead on Tripadvisor. Booked this one, was good.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g274772-d12866751-Auschwitz_Birkenau_Memorial_and_Museum_Guided_Tour_from_Krakow-Krakow_Lesser_Polan.html

Really, they collect you from hotel, drop you to Auschwitz, get you inside and handover to an official guide (who walks you around with other English speakers).

They then get you together for a lunch and bring you to Birkenau where you go again with same official guide.

So it's more a door to door courier service but the price does include everything and I could not fault the tour.

Harrowing stuff, but tour is done very well and suitable for families etc. I continually reflect on it and have read a couple of accounts of prisoners since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I would recommend booking the first tour of the day. It really hits when you're walking through the gates and the whole camp is silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Was over in Krakow for a couple of days, stepped outside my hotel and called a Taxi on the app and was driven out to see the Auschwitz-Birkenau museum, bought my own ticket at the entrance and joined the guide, Taxi driver waited for me after the tours, even stopped to go into a shop and get me a beer for the drive back and dropped me off in the city centre afterwards...

If you like the privacy and convenience of your own Taxi it's a good option too....

Post edited by Tenzor07 on

Advertisement