Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milking wage

Options
  • 25-02-2023 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I used to relief milk in kildare area 2 years ago. Used to get €60/ milking.

What's the going rate now with inflation?

Half thinking of getting back into it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

There was a small conversation about this in the dairy chitchat forum a few days ago. Go check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Charge them plenty anyway op, creaming it by all accounts. Was something published re employment figures in Ireland recently & agriculture had the highest drop in employment number's.

Guessing agriculture is struggling at the moment to attract/retain staff from drifting into other sectors. So a seller's market maybe op

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

Thanks for replies !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Topic started here in a general thread, answers throw out over several pages.

I charge 30 an hour, minimum of 50 to turn up, 220 cows so always 60 at least, will do other work as well. no shortage of hours in February and march.

I also told him I want an average of 15 hours a week in the year.

I probably need to up the rate this year.

Advertisement