Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May be wrong forum: looking for ideas for a knee support

Options
  • 25-02-2023 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭

MRI shows the "cartilage is trashed" to quote the medic, in my left knee and am awaiting a consultation with a consultant.

Walking down hill is a bit sore and walking upstairs also but otherwise its okay, cycling not an issue either unless its mega hard

The end game seems to point to a knee replacement, but others have said leave it for as long as possible and get a knee support and take pain killers before any strenuous exercise.

No pain at night in bed, which seems to be another indicator for the operation.

Hence this email.

Thanks as always

[What i m trying to avoid is paying 100 lids for a piece of crap in a chemist!]

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭casion3

I'd be very sure on the advice to leave it as long as you can.

You don't want to be in a situation with hip and back issues limiting your life because of your knee.

I would be engaging with a good physio for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Agreed, however it is a little complicated in the sense that with the PSA levels heading in the wrong direction , the knee as is might do for my remaining life expectancy.

Back-storey is here

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057532462/that-walnut-sized-organ-the-prostate#latest

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement