Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you create a discussion?

• 25-02-2023 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

1I newly joined, I'm quite tech minded but for the life of me I can't create a discussion. The categories listed for a new discussion seem limited (about 10) things like richersounds, site development, test forum etc irrelevant not the list on the site. If I go to a category or sun category there is no new discussion button/link. I have tried to do it through the menu links too. I'm on android mobile and I have tried turning on desktop but no joy. I have tried to upload a screenshot but I get the error " you need Garden.Uploads.Add permission" here in the comment box

Post edited by Spear on

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ArtaneGuy

Well turns out an email is sent to you for verification and after that you get the full list of categories for posting

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,422 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Don't think you can until you have a set number of posts. Might be wrong though.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,993 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There is no restriction regarding posts, but you do have to go through the email verification process before you can start a thread or post in an existing discussion, with the exception of forums such as Help Desk which exist to provide this sort of help

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ArtaneGuy

I very much doubt this is by design but firstly there is no message informing you that you must complete email verification to post and even without that you can post, it's just a spurious list of categories. Probably just an oversight by the designers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

First of all pick something topical. Then put up a controversial opinion. EG, " Fair play to Enoch Burke, a sound lad " or " Limerick are not a dirty shower of hurlers". After that simply contradict every post that appears.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There should be a popup message prompting users for this, but there's been a good number of reports of it not working.

• Advertisement
Advertisement