Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye lash serums & side effects

Options
  • 25-02-2023 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have the worst eyelashes, theyre so fine that I struggle to wear mascara, it takes me 20 minutes, 5 different mascaras that each do something different and about 100 coats before I have a decent coverage. Without mascara my eyes look totally bald and theyve always been like this but are getting worse as I get older so I was browsing on lookfantastic the other day and came across an eyelash serum set on sale that had great reviews and I bought it on impulse.

After buying it I researched it a bit more and found loads of shocking information about eyelash serums containing a chemical that causes droopy eye, fat loss in the eye lids causing the eyes to look much older, Iris colour changes, hyperpigmentation & dark circles & sunken eyes.

Has anyone experience with eyelash serums and did you have any side effects?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Only serums that contain prostaglandin have any clinically-proven effect on growth and they're, unfortunately, the hella expensive ones (Revitalash being the main one). Serums without any active ingredients may improve condition slightly but they won't have any effect on growth and retention.

The first generation of Revitalash did cause permanent iris colour changes in some people but the formula has long since been changed to counter that. In fact, that may have actually predated its licensing as a lash serum (and branding as Revitalash); it was originally a prescription treatment for glaucoma and users noticed it was making their eyelashes grow too.

Advertisement