Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Form 11 final button not pressed. Fine issued. Help!

• 25-02-2023 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Did the annual tax return as usual last October. Paid the outstanding balance in full and also preliminary tax for 2022.

Internet was slow that day and although I thought I submitted the Form 11 obviously I didn’t.

Was onto revenue recently about paye allowances . They advised that the form 11 wasn’t completed. I logged in same day and literally hit the finish button.

Today I received a notice advising me of a fine of 10% of the liability that I had paid because the form was late.

Has anyone experienced this before and if so how did they get on with the fine appeal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

What would be the grounds for your appeal? If you didn't care to go back to the Revenue ROS a few days later to make sure it is submitted, nor got any correspondence confirming that, what have you made to think it is actually submitted? You can't appeal based on your assumption and lack of responsibility and awareness.

Post edited by Citrus_8 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

I think your only hope is to speak to someone in the tax office and plead your case giving them the full facts. It's still very unlikely you'll get the surcharge removed but you'd never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭AlanG

if you transferred the money then it is likely they will let you off - Revenue tend to be very reasonable and flexable with those who co-operate. try to talk to someone. Be nice to them.

Advertisement