Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solis & Sofar API for HA

• 26-02-2023 9:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

All,

I have enabled the Solis cloud API and integrated it into Home Assistant. However I have a second Sofar inverter (specifically HYD 6000-EP), and wondering if there is a HACs integration for this?

At the moment I have to switch between the Solis and Solarman app and when in either app I’m exporting more than Im generating 🤣 due to the apps not knowing about one another.

I also have a Harvi from myEnergi and have both CT clamps connected to my inverters. MyEnergi combines both solar fields into a single group for PV which I could use as a sensor in HA.

So in summary what is the best setup to show nice accurate charts for Solar generation in HA from multiple inverters?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

For the sofar : this.

https://gitlab.com/rjpearce/sofar2mqtt

As far as I know it's still only just read only but I think control is still in the works.

It will update everything 10 seconds or so.

As for the solis, do you have a v3 or a V2 stick?

The V2 can be polled directly so 10 second interval there too instead of 5.

Or a Shelly em can be used to monitor the output of the solis directly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

I’ll checkout the repo thanks.

How can I check which stick version on the Solis?

I’m a big fan of Shelly, I have them everywhere in my house. I presume the EM will also work on the Sofar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭silver_sky

S3-WIFI stick has 3 LEDs on the front

DLS-W has no LEDs

Ok I got S3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭silver_sky

With the DLS-W (which is v2), you can get the info locally so much closer to live and doesn't rely on the internet-based API. You do lose the app control for the inverter which allows setting timed charge etc. in app.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

If you are ready to ditch the cloud monitoring entirely, you can monitor/control entirely from HA. You'll need to run shielded two core from one inverter to the other, and from one inverter back to an RS-458 adaptor on the HA machine. You'll need to ensure that both inverters have the same baud rate but different Modbus slave IDs.

You can use HA's native Modbus integration to read/write to the registers. You'll obviously need to configure the list of Modbus registers for your Sofar and Solis inverters within HA.

Is the hardware change plug and play (obviously needs pairing etc)?

Will it only work locally?

I’m intrigued. Is there a writeup somewhere on this?

The sofar can be monitored via a Shelly too but once you get batteries it won't be able to see them.

There is a s2 stick for sale on the buy sell thread I think.. as you have a straight inverter there is no app control anyway

While I wait to get batteries and configure them with Sofar is there an easy way to add myEnergi CT2 (Solis) and CT3 (Sofar) as sensors to the Energy dashboard in HA?

I was able to add the Solis sensor as there is an API. However, I thought it would be easier to add the combined feed from myEnergi. I'm using the CTs from Harvi, but not sure how to add them as a sensor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Looks like they are already configured as power sensors. Do you want to add them to a dashboard?

Or are you looking to get an energy sensor? If so, an integration helper might be what you are looking for.

Looking for energy sensor (combining both CT values) to be leveraged as Solar on the dashboard

Add an addition helper to sum both and then integrate that.

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Can anyone shed some light on what's being sold here:

Description suggests is a DLS-W wifi logger

Image suggests it's V2, but a 2nd image has a lan port on it.

Product description says S3 GPRS-ST which would suggest gen3, but also GPRS, not Wifi!

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

For anyone interested, its an S3 model. No good for Home assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

I have replaced a Solis mini 2500 with a hybrid 3kw sofar. Thinking of getting the Solis plumbed back in and putting panels on shed roof. Did you have any issues connecting 2 invertors to the house. I read them being out of phase could be an issue but unsure.

There's no issue. You can put as many straight inverters as you want, aslong as your within your connection constraints. (Ie nc6)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Borax2709

Does anyone have any updates on this? I am hoping to get a Sofar Inverter installed shortly, and would desperately want to be able to both monitor but also impact discharge/charge rates for the battery from Home Assistant.

Will I need hardware on top of the "standard" Sofar Inverter? Or is there a local mechanism to interact?

Am a little lost between things like SolarMan and then the Sofar2Mqtt which looks a tiny bit beyond my skills

https://www.instructables.com/Sofar2mqtt-Remote-Control-for-Sofar-Solar-Inverter/

this is nearly cheaper than buying the parts yourself :
    https://www.tindie.com/products/thehognl/esp32-c3-with-rs485-modbus-and-optional-touch-tft/

Can come preloaded with the sofar2mqtt code. Local access, local control.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Borax2709

Brilliant stuff! Was concerned I'd just ordered an Inverter I was not going to be able to control properly!

Once I can get it speaking to HA I'll be happy out - the hardware side is not my jam though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement