Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City break with 5 year old

• 26-02-2023 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Hey.

Thinking of bringing my 5 year old boy away for a couple of nights for a city break in Easter. We did Amsterdam last year and he loved it. Any ideas what would be a good break with a few things to do for someone so small?

Comments

• I can heartily recommend Tallinn, it’s compact and magical. Seaside not far either. 10-15 minutes from child-friendly stress-free airport which has historic planes for added fun. I stayed self-catering at Olde House apartments right bang in the old town, reputedly haunted and all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Footie trip to see his favourite team (if he likes football)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Lisbon I would always recommend. Fabulous aquarium is a half day visit alone. There’s also the train ride across the bridge to the Statue.

You say He’s a 5yo, there should be plenty to do there for the few days. Choice of 3 airlines flying between Dublin & Lisbon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I suggest London as there is so much to do there for kids. A west end show, Harry Potter land, Buckingham palace, Madame Tussauds, Big Ben etc. There are also some of the big shops like M&M, Lego etc.

Advertisement