Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guest room size issue

• 27-02-2023 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

hi all,

just gone sale agreed on a house and I'm trying to plan ahead.

Ideally I want to use one of the bedrooms as a 2nd guest room with a double bed rather than a single bed.

The room is 3.93m long but only 2.35m wide. The width being my concern obviously.

I'm hopeless with stuff like this so my question is can this be used for a double room for guests? There's already a larger guest room so even as a 2nd guest room with a small double bed or something would this work? Or is it too narrow on the 2.35 part?

Any advice/tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

Max a 4ft 6inc but that will leave a very narrow 500mm each side

Alternatively if you can get 2 doors into the room on the 3.93m long wall you could fit a large bed in-between the two and access each side of the bed via different doors similar to the sketch below, have seen it done in studio apartments etc and whilst not ideal it does work

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭DRedSky

Fair play Jimmy, that's great! Yeah I'm thinking the 4" small double you posted there might be the way to go so.

Thanks very much for that! Really appreciate it :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I'd say a double would be the largest. You'd also need to factor in space for other furniture as guests will need somewhere to put their things. These are a couple of sketches with a double bed, lockers and a closet (obviously I don't know where your doors, windows and rads are so your mileage might vary based on that):

If the room won't frequently be in use, you could also get a pull out daybed that you can use as a couch the rest of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭DRedSky

Nice one, thanks very much Faith :)

Advertisement