Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID Forum Moderation is biased/poor

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

I wouldn't have anything to argue, however it's obvious that only the posters having an opinion different from the one of the mainstream, have been consistently banned. Regardless of what has been said, anything that didn't follow the guidelines of the "fact-checkers", has been addressed as antivaxxer, causing for the post to be deleted and the poster to be banned. I stopped posting because there is no intention from the moderators to have an healthy debate, I am afraid to give my opinion even if backed up by the same science worshipped by the "righteous", the covid forum seem to be run by the same people that decide what is right and what is wrong in any other social media outlet.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

"Debate" is an overly generous descriptor for much of the content being posted in that forum by posters complaining about the moderation.

You were thread-banned from a thread for calling masks "face nappies", which I guess is the perfect example of how the content in question is not considered nor reasoned debate.

You were banned for posting conspiracy theories. Over and over and over again. Even when told to stop posting conspiracy theories you kept at it.

I know the reason for the bans. It was not for having differing opinions.

You are uncivil if you make uncivil posts, for example goading another poster.

You are a conspiracy theorist if you post conspiracy theories, for example the media are out to get us or it's all just big pharma trying to make money.

Trolling I think is fairly self explanatory.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Closing this as the contents bear pretty much no resemblance to reality, and having gone through the warnings and bans applied to the vocal posters in this thread I see no underlying issue with the moderation of the Covid forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement