Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] I got a ban

Options
  • 27-02-2023 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭

I got a ban form the soccer forum

The mod is himself a united fan and hot upset because i said " Mad to think United picked up a trophy for beating Villa, Burnley, Charlton all at home Forrest & Newcastle "

its a factual statement made in the Carabao Cup thread, no grounds for a ban .

He then says but you said x , Y 7 Z before but why does that matter ? Surely i should be judged on the statement i got the ban for ? Which is a truthful one, its been said many many times across the forum about City's luck in draws in cup competition but iv United is mentioned im banned,

Its a joke & one of the reasons the site is dying a death ,

Post edited by Neyite on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

The first rule is disputing a ban is to always try to resolve the problem in an amicable way.

Can you confirm you’ve confirmed mod in question before this can progressed?

Cheers.

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'll step in and act as Cmod for this, as the sports Cmod is the mod in question.

@yourdeadwright to be clear, you are disputing the warning and not the ban itself, since the ban was a result of the automatic totting up process in soccer.

Can you please share with me your PMs with the mod?

@yourdeadwright

Thanks for forwarding the PMs.

I have reviewed this. While it may be possible to argue that your post was innocent (though I agree with the mod that it was baiting), you followed it up 4 minutes later with:

Credit must go to the Glazer family for season in season out backing there managers & allowing them sign world class 30 year olds for 70 million , Not many owners like that out there

This removes any doubt in the matter. You were baiting the thread, looking for a reaction from Man Utd posters.

I am upholding the warning issued in this instance, and therefore the ban is upheld.

As I reviewed this as a Cmod and not an admin, you have the option of requesting an admin review of the decision if you wish (it'll be another admin, not me).

How is it bating its the truth ?

Its a truthful statement they brought in a new manger & gave him the money he needed to go after the players he wanted ,It let him sign the two ex Ajax player & when they failed to get De Jong they let him spend big money on a 30 year-old that he felt would help, Im not sure how its baiting to give the owner credit on that , in what world would you not credit the owner for that ?

As a Liverpool fan our whole fan base are moaning because our owners refuse to do the same ,

What is the point of discussion board where if you speak the truth you get banned are we all supposed to hold the exact same views ? I have not abused or had a go at anyone but get a ban

No wonder the site is dying a death when you can't have a discussion with people unless you conform to a certain point of view even if your speaking the truth ,

• Advertisement

You weren't trying to give them credit, you were trying to get a reaction from Man Utd posters by praising the Glazers.

I've made my decision, do you want an admin review?

All you have to do is read the actual words that i typed & that is exactly what i meant,

Bad owners can still do good things , Like a bad player can still have good moment,

So tell me who do you give credit to for bringing in manager like Ten Hagg, & singing players like Varane, Martinez, Casemiro & so on ? ? the obvious answer is the owners , yes you can give out about other parts of the ownership but like anything in this world give credit where its due ,

It's mental to think i get a ban for saying that

Also the reason i got banned was for saying " Mad to think United picked up a trophy for beating Villa, Burnley, Charlton all at home Forrest & Newcastle "

So will everyone who said the same about Citys cup draws be getting similar warning (it'll be alot of people) ?? or is this site just you can't give an opinion on United unless the mods like it

Ok, I'm going to flag this for another admin to review.

Only the poster, the mod, cmod and admins can post in DRPs. Third parties cannot contribute. Post deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have had a read of your posts in that thread. It's clear as day what you were at and you know it.

Card and subsequent ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement