Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morocco for 12 days in May/June or September

• 27-02-2023 7:54pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I’m thinking of doing a trip to Morocco solo (Male, mid-thirties) for about 12 days or so. I was wondering if people who had been would recommend it. It looks reasonably safe but I’m a bit concerned about scammers, pickpockets and the like. I know they’re everywhere and to take the usual precautions of course.

Is it worth going? I like my history, museums, and the like. I was thinking of maybe heading to Marrakech for 2-3 days before heading to Casablanca, maybe Rabat, Meknes and Fez. Is it reasonable enough to get around without a car? I know there is a somewhat unreliable train network and bus services. I’d be quite concerned about getting scammed or lost in such a place.

Right now, it’s only an idea. I’ve a good amount of annual leave to use by the end of September. I was thinking of heading in May but it might be a bit late to plan it now.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I am just back from Morocco. Didn't try the public transport there rented an auld Dacia which wasn't too expensive but would definitely go down the Dacia route again if I was going a second time even though the driving can be hairy enough in the city.

You will get hassled in the touristy places and will have to be careful. Going to the pub is no craic at all you'll be plagued with fellas trying to flog you hashish. Though it never felt dangerous.

Taghazout, Aourir, Essouira are worth checking out. Heard Sidi Ifni was a good spot but didn't venture that far, Ouarzazate would also be interesting but a long drive to get there

Advertisement