Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting Doors, architrave and skirting

Options
  • 27-02-2023 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Was wondering if anyone had any idea how much it would cost to have someone fit 5 single doors and 2 double (all internal) including architrave and approx 60 meters of skirting? Any rough estimate would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 anasibrahim

Good luck with your door fitting project! I hope you find the right professionals who can provide you with a fair estimate and deliver excellent results.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 donatmoto

When it comes to fitting doors, architrave, and skirting, the cost can vary depending on several factors, like location, materials, and labor rates. While I can't provide an exact estimate, I can give you a general idea.

For a more accurate estimate, it's best to consult with professionals or local carpenters who can assess your specific requirements and provide a tailored quote. You might want to check out Skirting World for more information on skirting options.

Remember to consider the quality of materials and craftsmanship when making your decision. It's worth investing in professional work to ensure a long-lasting and well-finished result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Porridge21

From what I heard hanging doors can be tricky even for a carpenter. If you want something lasting and of good quality and value in the long run i understand it is better to invest in a professional and try get the best all in one deal for supply and fitting. Though, ensure the said professional is a professional ideally if you can get a recommendation. Last year prices for a single door hanging was between 260-300 per door supplied and fitted. I can not recall if there were cheaper options but the ones I was looking at were €300, Definitely shop around and keep an eye out for sales

• Registered Users Posts: 1 melissagardner

Hey there! Estimating the cost of fitting doors, architrave, and skirting can vary depending on various factors such as location, materials, and labor rates. This estimate might not include any additional expenses like materials or any specific customization requests you may have. Reach out to local carpenters or professionals who can visit your location, assess the requirements, and provide you with a detailed estimate based on your specific needs. 

Advertisement