Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil service interview

• 28-02-2023 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I just had my interview for the civil service for a clerical officer role and I was wondering how long does it typically take to hear back from them?

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mumto1

Hi there, I was interviewed today for a Clerical Officer position.

I asked at the end of the interview when would I hear back. The person told me it could be between 6 to 8 weeks before I would hear because there's a backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Laurenhopem

Thank you for that ☺️ Best of luck with getting the job

Thanks, best of luck to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jellytot93

Hi,

Just wondering what questions they asked you in the interview? :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,115 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Feedback

Could posters please try and find a forum appropriate to their question rather than posting in the first forum they see

Thanks

• Advertisement

There were a lot of standard questions such as "Can you tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer"?

My interviewer asked me what I knew about the Civil Service, what departments I was familiar with etc

If you can try and practice your answers on camera beforehand.

I was nervous and was rambling a bit so the interviewer had to interrupt me a few times. If you can get to the point quickly it is probably better. Best of luck

Advertisement