Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW / DGW Discussion 2022/2023

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone else still have WC and FH left?

Somehow ended up with the tactic on using BB this week with the intention of WC straight away but not sure who to target (??)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd hold off on WC until 34 and attack that DGW with the bigger teams maybe. But it is a GW around European games, so you can have a more refined approach to transfer as opposed to someone like me trying to guess now that Mahrez for example will play those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers @Fitz* - spent a while looking at the various options and decided to take the plunge with the wildcard now altogether 😬

Hoping to scrape thru the blank with this lot and then FH for the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Yeah I have and I’m incredibly torn about what to do. I was fairly set on GW32 for the Free Hit but now I’m giving serious consideration to GW34. Once I’ve that decision made I’ll figure out what to do with the wildcard. These are the decisions that will probably make or break the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭nice bit of green

I’m in WC this week. Needed to clear out Maddison, Havertz and shake the defence up a bit.

anyway, this is how I look and I have FH left for a later date.

Ederson,

mings, konsa, tripp

rash, Grealish, mitoma, saka

Haaland (c), Watkins (vc), jesus

subs, Leno, Martinelli, tark, pinnock

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭ngunners

This is my current Wildcard team. 0.6 in the bank. Planning to Free Hit next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I still havent used WC, it's a lot of effort 😂. Did use Bench Boost though on a whim... Have 8 playing GW32 at the moment so will probably free hit for that (or take a -4 and keep FH but running out of weeks to use it!). Wildcard gw 33 and then treble captain 34 / gw 37.

I've now switched out Toney, Martial, March and Raya for Kane, Ferguson, Andreas and Iversen. As usual I'm second guessing myself on Wildcard. Think the original team was slightly stronger but not sure I want to be without Kane, especially this week.

Would appreciate any comments... Which team looks better? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'd be staying with the first 4 - but Martial is a walking disaster I just think anyway, can't trust him one bit.

Are you also only getting in Kane for this GW? 32,33 and SGW 34 aren't shouting points to me. So is it worth getting him in on WC?

Yeah Kane is a bit of an odd one. I'm looking to shift him on, but he has attractive fixtures in both 31 & 33 now with Man Utd missing their CBs.

But Spurs are playing terrible and don't look like they will create much for Kane. But Kane is Kane and will get his goals, be it from pens or the one chance he gets. I can't see myself owning him after 34 atm, even when his fixtures look better then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

So I have wildcard and bench boost left. Currently have 8 players playing GW32. So I bench boost now our GW34?

Thanks

GW34. No point bench boosting if you have no bench (I may have just been ‘whooshed’)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭The Guru 123

I’d wildcard now, get 11 for 32 and make sure your 4 others have doubles in 34 (maybe Ederson, Haaland, 2 Brighton mids)

Definitely go 3x Liverpool as they have a great 32 and double in 34. Maybe 1 or 2 from Fulham and WHU as they do the same (one of these being a keeper) These guys then be your bench fodder the rest of the season.

Definitely 2x Arsenal guys and also 1 or 2 Palace guys (good fixtures and flying).

Also save your transfer in 33 and you have 2 more transfers for 34 with the bench boost.

Youre in a great position I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Oops sorry, meant to say Free Hit, not bench boost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Any sign of the Man Utd / Chelsea game being rescheduled?

We might know more after tonight as I would assume it depends on Man Utd's Europa League fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I was on wc 33 BB 34 strategy and have regretted it for weeks but it is what it is. Anyone else on this? Whats ur team looking like? Proving much trickier than i anticipated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

DGW37 confirmed - Brighton, United, Chelsea & City all double.

Could be a tricky one, City could have PL won? May rest players then for 2nd game with CL and FA cup in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

There's definitely much better spreadsheet planners out there but I created this very basic one if anyone wants to use it. It's quite manual - you need to enter your player names and then copy+paste their fixtures from the Fixtures tab into the Team tab, but it does give you a nice overview of your remaining fixtures from GW33 to GW38.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭JPup

Hi. I'm in the same boat. Tricky. Inevitably you end up considering about 30 or 40 players for the wildcard and then half a dozen of the guys you don't pick will end up putting up a big score in the double gameweek. Just try to get a good balance of form and fixtures.

West Ham in good form but fixtures in 33 and 34 aren't great. Triple Brighton feels like a must. Loads of games left and their best players are cheap. I'm keeping two Arsenal midfielders because they are so cheap. Same with Rashford. Then throw in Salah and Haaland. I want Trent who is coming into form. I'd like another City attacking player ideally, but who? Grealish playing well but Foden is coming back now and with Champions league there will be a lot of rotation. I like Newcastle for defence. Maybe Isak too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I’m the same on WC now with BB next week

really rough first draft has me on

Allison Sanchez

Tripp TAA Mings Stones Henry

Joelinton Eriksen Eze Gakpo MacAllister

Haaland Toney Kane

will change before tonight’s deadline a fair bit but suggestions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I think Salah is essential. Wouldn't personally double up on Liverpool defence, think Ederson is a better choice for GK. Sanchez is not starting GK for Brighton anymore, perhaps get Kepa as backup keeper, or Steele. Joelinton and Eriksen are not good FPL assets. Isak likely a better option than Toney.

Since I posted I changed

joelenton to March

Gakpo to salah

kane to Isak

with Bruno injured I was thinking Eriksen might get the role behind the cf

I didn’t cop Sanchez lost his spot.. I read about Steeles distribution getting him in as number 1 a few weeks ago but slipped my mind. Do you know why he didn’t play v Chelsea?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭JPup

3 good changes. Can you move things around to get Rashford instead of Eriksen? Potentially a big upgrade for not too much more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Seen Bruno's missus put up a pic of his foot in a cast - if he's out does that make Rashford a must have as he'd be on penalties or does it make united weaker and not worth having?

• Advertisement

Can get Rash in if I move Alison and have 5.1 to replace him

kepa or De Gea maybe…

Advertisement