Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Scotty Cameron Release (Super Select)

Options
  • 01-03-2023 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new putter and recently saw that Scotty Cameron is releasing his new 'Super Select' range on March 14.

Can anyone suggest a golf store in Dublin that would likely have all of the new variants on display. Usually when a new range of putters are released, most stores usually only tend to have 1 or 2... and I would like to try them in store before buying. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'd imagine pretty much all the big golf shops will have these in when they release although not likely on the same day if the Phantom release from last year is anything to go by and some models likely not to be carried at all. I haven't seen either McGuirks or Halpenny offer the X7.5 even online. The two big sellers in that range will be the Newport and Newport 2 models, I have the previous gen special select newport and there doesn't really look to be much difference with these although the milling is meant to be deeper. McGuirks Blanchardstown and Halpenny in Carrickmines have had the best selection of putters in my experience and have decent putting green setups too. Not sure about other options.

They have increased the price on these too so i'd expect these will retail not far off €500 in ireland FYI. I'd try the older models if you get on well with the newport/newport 2. The only new additions to the range are the Plus models.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭paul7g

Thanks, much appreciated.

I've been using the same putter for the last 20 years... the Scotty Cameron Tel 3 (black with white dots on the rear)... which Tiger Wood's won the first Masters with... however I'm still chasing my first Masters, so maybe it's time to change my putter :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Tel 3 is a beautiful putter! Not sure you'll find these newer ones any nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭newport2

I was looking for a Phantom 7.5 in McGuirks. When I asked, they had a bunch of Scotty's out the back that were not on display. They get lifted or damaged so often, they're reluctant to leave them all out. So it's worth asking.

From the shops I've been in, Halpenny Golf in Carrickmines has the biggest variety of them out to try.

The new release is available now for pre-order at €515. Cosmetics aside, same as the previous model from what I can see. The previous one can be picked up for under €300 second hand.

Advertisement