Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Fibre Broadband

• 01-03-2023 11:16am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

Hey,

We got Fibre Broadband installed late last year. Prior to that, we had normal broadband that worked well. Since we moved to Fibre, we have had nothing but unstable, unreliable internet. I have linked in with Vodafone and have had engineers out to see. It seems to be working when they visit 🙃. My problem is on some devices e.g some mobile phones and the smart tvs, the speeds are showing up approx 30-50mbps But its not actually loading. On other devices (i.e the engineers and some family members, the speeds are showing up 300-400mbps). From researching online, it seems these devices have 5g, which our tvs and other phones must not have, and that Vodafone run on the same band for 2.4ghz and 5ghz. It works sometimes, other times streaming just loads continuously. I'll be onto Vodafone again about it just looking for some advice. I'm pretty clueless with technology, and Vodafone just have me doing a lot of checks without actually saying the issue.Our upload speed is very low, 0.01mbps. We currently have a Gigabox

Thank you :-)

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement