Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying AIB credit card

Options
  • 01-03-2023 12:09pm

Hello,

I’m one of the KBC refugees and have recently opened up a BOI current account.

When trying to make a payment to my AIB credit card it said I couldn’t pay to this account. It’s not available to set up as a bill either.

Why is this? I can transfer funds to revolut (free banking) and then send to AIB, but if I’m using Revolut for that, why stay with BOI?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Our customer service team are available on 0818200362- select option 3. One of my colleagues will be happy to help with this.

Thanks, Megan

Hello,

Update on this. I had to contact BOI India to get the AIB credit Card PAYEE set up to make payament, they then sent me out a code to approve the PAYEE. Unfortunately by the time I received it I was traveling on business and by the time I got back the code had expired. I phoned BOI India and the PAYEE was reset up and an new code sent. That should be fine.

But, before I realised the code had expired I followed the instruction on the BOI code letter to go to www.bankofireland.com/365instructions

This brings you to a page with the following message:-

Page can’t be found. (Error 404)

It looks like nothing was found at this location. Try one of the following options:

^^^ the above is for your FYI

Advertisement