Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Things looking even worse according to @Meteorite58 on the FI thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Dirty night out. Whilst we all welcome the bright evenings I’m afraid the weather since their arrival has been rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well at least Met Eireann have finally got the weather right.

I've got washing out last two days and it has stayed dry but they did say that rain was coming tonight/ tomorrow.

Looking nice and dry again on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That last sentence offers some distant hope of an end to the rain.

This morning is grey damp and pretty miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yup I thought today was supposed to be drier. Its yuck. And satellite showing more rain even though Met say its clearing and their radar shows no rain over us.

Imagine having a weather service that can't accurately predict live weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭esposito

No rain in Dublin anyway, just cloudy and feeling very mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Odd drop or two in the wind here in south Dublin but not amounting to much.

Charts are all over the place just a few days out, B/hol weekend could be cool but dry if the High wins out but wet and windy if it doesnt.

Jet steam favours the High being blown away for now:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭highdef

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Yes charts are a waste of time in the last couple of weeks keep changing...still any kind of weather possible for the rest of this month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭pauldry

What's possible is there will be a lot of showers every day. Like now and rain at times too. Windy all the time too. Sometimes very windy but not stormy enough for a named storm coz that would be interesting. We rarely get very bad weather at this time of year. Was February our Summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Lovely evening in Cork, first springlike evening we've had. Very mild and calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Mark Bowe presenting the "Wedder"Forecast on RTE Six One and 9pm News quite a lot recently.. My God, his diction is awful. I was reading up about him, he is a much travelled and highly educated Meteorologist, pity he was never taught to pronounce "th" properly.

He's probably a little nervous which is entirely understandable. I think he has done quite well overall and I'm sure he'll grow into the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭highdef

I agree with @[Deleted User] . He's new to the role and is a scientist, not an actor/TV person. Is it essential to sound middle class or higher on RTÉ? He'a from Meath, not sure what part but sure that's just his accent. "Weather" is often pronounced "Wedder" in parts of Meath (amongst other parts of Ireland). Sure Gerry Murphy has a thick local accent. He's from Carrickmacross, where the accent is a mix of mainly Louth with a bit of north Meath and just a dash of Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its turned into a lovely afternoon here in Castlebar. Long spells of sunshine and just light winds. Nice Moon up later just before 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Also a nice day here in tipp with broken spells of sunshine. Feels pleasant when the sun comes out

A very pleasant and welcome spring day, feeling quite warm (for me) in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

With an iffy start to the morning in Cork, a beautiful sunny evening now and warm in the sun. Bliss

@highdef "(he) is a scientist, not an actor/TV person"

And long may that continue! 👍

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Enjoy the dry weather between today and Saturday, from Sunday onwards the Atlantic will be back in full onslaught mode.

Nice evening and afternoon nice sunshine and feeling mild. Everyone has a different tolerance to temps but today certainly isn’t warm or anything like it for me but a nice day. Would love a month of this we’ll be lucky to get 2 days probably.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This time last year we were already having beautiful sunny days and lunch out in the garden, not a chance of that over the next 2 weeks. The prolonged dry spell which looked imminent up to a day or 2 ago is put on hold and the Atlantic back in force from Sunday. However, the high pressure spell looks like it is delayed and may appear in the second half of April with hopefully a decent rise in temperatures. The quick rebound of the Atlantic may be rather short lived fingers crossed.

I'll do an FI post tomorrow but in short it appears there is going to be a major lift up in temperatures from the middle of April with a fairly serious looking warming trend, remains to be seen if this warming trend will be an unsettled one or a dry and settled one. Worth noting that the GFS has been wrong time and time again since the update so any warming or drying trend in FI has to be taken with a boatload of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

But early summer was appalling, happy for spring to be mixed if it means better weather when you can really appreciate it.

Spring 2022 was decent until we got to May then it went poor and this continued into June. Thankfully from end of June till 1st of September was very decent indeed. I'm hoping for a similar good summer this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

It was a nice sunny evening. Currently below 0c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭Dazler97

So are we looking at a possible storm on Tuesday into Wednesday

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Been lovely out in the garden all day in Kerry, got up to 15.4C in a steady breeze all day. The front off the coast has cloud moving inland but good sunny spells also, high of 15.4C, bit of a Fohn form the SSE wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭appledrop

An absolutely stunning day here in Tayto Park in Meath, we were here from the time it opened until the gate closed and weather was perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The last two days were perfect Spring weather in my eyes. Dry, bright and calm. I think I spent 12 hours outdoors yesterday doing stuff. Slept like a log but today is one for TV and nice food. I hope the weather has improved at Augusta.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement