Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Typical weekday/weekend contrast in Cork as this mind numbingly frustrating trend continues for those of us stuck at work during the week.

Thursday/Friday lovely days... really quite nice with lots of sun.

Saturday/Sunday... a few hours of sun then cloud all day turning to mist.... now Sunday morning thick fog and heavy drizzle.

Scheduled to be alright Monday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A very damp morning here in Meath after a very wet night, however it is feeling fairly warm today, hopefully we will get some sunny breaks later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fortunately a lovely mild sunny Spring morning here near Tralee, coffee by the ponds, great to see the birds all busy with nesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There must have been Sahara dust in the rain, got the car washed yesterday and this morning it looks like I did 10 Km behind a lorry in the rain gggrrrrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭pad199207

I just noticed that this morning. Car is covered in dusty drops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

1pm

Shannon 19 degrees

Athenry 18 degrees

Gurteen 18 degrees

Oak Park 17 degrees

Phoenix Park 17 degrees

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Gone over 19C here too near Tralee by the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

2 air frosts in a row then rainy and milder last night. Around Wednesday the gfs had 19c for me for the next couple of days, Now it’s high of 14c predicted before turning cooler on Wednesday. Ecm has it a couple of degrees milder. The wait continues for the first 20c of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Shannon 20 degrees at 2pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭esposito

Just as well I didn’t get the car washed. Was going to yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Haha. I had just read the forecast that 18c was the high for today Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Great warmth in Galway City today, walking around in a T-Shirt pleasantly warm despite the sky clouding over about 20minutes ago.

Some big showers kicking off in Clare heading this way.

Got up to 20.4C here near Tralee and likewise clouded over but still some blue sky and bits of sunlight getting through. 18.0C atm

The sunshine makes such a difference, nature all busy in the garden today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Dazler97

So mild today ,19c in carrick

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

Yeah. Had a thundery downpour in mid Clare. Temp has gone from 20.1c to a wintry ..... 17.4c.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭snowgal

Sun peaking through here near Trim, lovely feeling! 19c

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Pissing here with the last hour and a half now, gone cooler too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Hit 20C in warm sunshine and light breeze in Roscommon. 😎

I wasn't expecting that! Literally went from winter to summer overnight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

what a fantastic day after the very damp morning. Sadly it's a bit of a 1 day wonder, will be turning cooler again from tomorrow but it should remain fairly mild till about Tuesday evening with temperatures more typical of February/early March possibly on the way for the second half of the week and into next weekend.

Hopefully the cold charts will start wobbling soon like most of the charts over the past 5 months.

Yes I was thinking the same, great drying weather ,if we had clear blue sky I'd say temperatures would have climbed to 22c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Maximum of 12c in Cork all day and visibility of only a few km. Fog and mist haven't lifted all day. It'd make you want to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

So so depressing, this happens every spring, mist and low cloud down south while the rest of the country does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Smashing day here in the Midlands.

I had a group of kids training this morning. The mammies obviously didn't look outside as some turned up in their winter skins. They were complaining of the heat after only a few minutes training 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭highdef

Was lovely in Longford with warm sunshine and temperatures over 20° and then had a sudden heavy downpour with very large drops but no thunder, unlike yourself. Didn't expect reports of thunder today. Having said that, I didn't expect any rain either. Was warmer than expected too. Dead calm too, which I love.

Post edited by highdef on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Partial fogbow and glory by the Poolbeg Chimneys this afternoon as an outbreak of advection fog pushed inland to Dublin.

Ireland also achieved the first 20C of the year before the UK. Wonder when the last time that happened…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Is it going to get cold this week Gonzo? Heard Met Eireann forecast earlier and they were bullish enough about a mild week. Jesus the thought of feb or match temps again…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

To be fair for most of the last 2 months the lashings of rain haven’t differentiated between weekends and weekdays it’s been pretty awful every day! And Tuesday and Wednesday of last week weee shockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Recorded a high of 22C on the station here momentarily at 3pm 😲

Might be reading a bit high, but it was definitely over 21C for a time.

Today's highs

• Advertisement

Charts are all over the place right now and very reliable in the short time frame. The GFS in particular has been showing some very cold frosty nights over the weekend into next week/final week of April. These charts can't be relied upon as today's warm weather was supposed to last almost a week and got massively downgraded over the past 48 hours. As for this week temperatures of 10 to 12C looks like the best we'll get from Wednesday to Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement