Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a lovely day in Meath, to me it doesn't feel nearly as bitter as the past few days, definitely some warmth in the sun today.

However the next 4 to 5 days are going to be very cool everywhere particularly the south-east of the country which will have the core of low upper air temperatures drifting across from UK/Netherlands. This may then be followed early next week with a cold plunge from artic regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭snowgal

god I think the complete opposite! Its the coldest day in Navan with that feckin wind that's there! yesterday eve was lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Nice and sunny in Cork City, about 12 degrees though still which is consistent for nearly a week now. Windy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

beautiful day in Galway but like others that bloody East wind is cold especially in the shade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

After a sunny morning yesterday was overcast and breezy. Today is wall to wall sunshine with a breeze at times. Great day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭pad199207

Stunning day in Kildare with abundant sunshine and v low humidity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Wall to wall sun across the country , 16c in the west to 10c in Dublin, that wind is taking the tops off the temperatures

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭joe199

Bitterly cold wind in Dublin, its even cold to sit in the sun, such a shame as it looked beautiful from the window in work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Glorious day in Galway. I love this time of year.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

A stunning day for me in April would be 16 degrees no wind and abundant sunshine. This is a lovely day to look at and a million times better than the spring we’ve had or are likely to get for the next 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

After the warm one day wonder on Sunday, Tuesday and yesterday were absolutely freezing but perhaps today I got more acclimatized to the chilly easterly wind as it was a very sunny day. Went for a long walk today in that sun and despite the wind I still felt comfortable wearing a t-shirt, whereas yesterday and the day before I wore a warm huddie to keep me warm against the chill.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Not a cloud in the sky this evening here near Tralee, got up to 16.8C, a keen breeze again today but excellent drying and I know that some farmers here in North Kerry are trying to catch up with the ploughing so great drying weather for that. Saw a few Lenticulars today.

High of 16.8C currently 13.1C here near Tralee

Ireland in all it's glory today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Todays max

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

• Registered Users Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Nice day yesterday but the biting wind made it feel cool. This morning overcast and the wind really making it feel cold enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Cracking day in Cork but you needed a good coat as the easterly wind and the general cool kept it ok, but not springlike.

Cloudy now AGAIN this morning, and the weekend AGAIN looking like shite. Absolutely sick now of getting all the nice days during the week and muck at the weekend.

managed to get the grass cut yesterday evening before we head back into an unsettled spell of weather beginning later today/tomorrow. I previously cut the grass on Sunday, the level of grass growth between last Sunday and yesterday was crazy, after just 4 days the lawn needed another cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Thanks again! We are almost 24 hours out and are committed to it at this stage so no turning back.

It looks like it's going to be a wash out in Dublin tomorrow afternoon right? 😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

From what I can see Millstreet ACS in the SW was the cold spot overnight with a low of -0.4c.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Shoulda cut the grass at lunchtime! Rain has arrived in Greystones. At least it will wash the sea salt off the windows and cars!

Nice at the Donkey Sanctuary in Liscarroll today but feeling very cool in the breeze but great that it stayed dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

In the grass side from the farming perspective, I have went from a a famine to a feast since last Saturday. things were tight, but by Monday you could see things starting to explode.

Even the trees, especially the oak, birch and sycamore have driven on with the warmer days.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭BagofWeed

Reckon it'll be another horror of constant grey misty skies for Cork City again this coming summer. Not forgetting its constant and loyal companion, the wind/breeze.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain did not last long earlier....just a sprinkle. Fine evening now in Greystones. Waves still rolling in as they have all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭pauldry

Watched both weather's on BBC n rte today and they both had sun in the Northwest all day yet it rained. How did that happen? Looked out n saw drops of water on the window and thought the kids had the water pistols out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Today's highs, 18.1c in north Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Kutebride

After all those days of pleasant sunshine this week and bright conditions and tidying the garden, can't use it today for family gathering. Rotten morning. Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very heavy rain in Kildare to start with this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's like the darkest depths of Mordor in D5 today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement