Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

Misty start to the day but its burning off now and sun 🌞 peeping out more and more, sunny Southeast near Cahore. Just back from a spin on the bike, unexpectedly dry one based on yesterday's forecast 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Lovely now in East Cork as well. Partially cloudy and humid, little bit of a breeze but feeling pleasant in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

I posted in the wrong thread last night (this one) by mistake to see if anyone else had heard a loud rumbling sound lasting 10 to 15 seconds. I thought it might have been an earthquake. Turns out it was. 2.5 a small but noticeable one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Cheers. I was checking online after it happened but couldn’t see anything about it until this morning. I filled out a seismic report on the Irish site just after it happened, my first time doing that ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A day of beautiful clear skies and big bubbly shower clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Humid, drizzle, mist and basically pony rain Wicklow. 14⁰

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It's hot out there. Sweat pouring out of me in the garden. I love this time of year.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 goingmadted

Hello.

Could one of the experts on here please explain to me why most of the torrential showers seems to be tracking right up over lough derg and east clare!

Its non stop. I am going bananas. And all spring it has seemed this way aswell, either when they are coming straight in from the west or up from the south west. My job depends on the weather alot so i am constantly looking at the weather apps. yesterday was unreal. Torrential rain, and then nothing to the west of me and east of me. I wouldnt mind a few showers but drops like feckin bullets. And all spring. We also had the worst of the snow here. Woke up to 6 inches of snow on the 7 march. I was out in west clare today working. Grand and dry. I arrive home to a river of water pissing down the road.

I am going insane. So much so that i have specially created this username in the hope that an expert on here can give me a bit of knowledge and calm me down a bit!

What a spring this has been. Jeebus.

Thanks.

Peach of a day here in Cork. After an early shower the sun came out and it was very warm. Had guests over from London for the day and they couldn't get over how much warmer it was here. A day when you could nearly see the grass growing.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its a time of year i like,took this just now (2159) looking northwest from Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭appledrop

I wasn't expecting the day to turn out as nice as it did, overcast and a bit chilly all morning but then just as we headed to family event this afternoon sun came out and we were outside for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Billcarson

21c here in Ashbourne, warmest so far this yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Stunning day yesterday in Cork City, warm and sunny, was bliss!

12 degrees or so and misting now today though :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Rain arriving now here near Tralee, been dull for much of the day, got up to 17C but breeze made it feel a bit cooler if not on the move.

15.1C atm

Great bright morning up the Wicklow Hills. Can't attach photos. More cloudy towards late afternoon but overall a great day compared to yesterday's weather.

Radio One ME forecast at 6pm in the car used the word hail more than once for the weeks forecast😶 Travel home was pleasant this evening before rain arrives.

Relatives bound for airport at 4am won't be pleasant in overnight forecast.

Small glare of sunshine now through evening cloud. 14⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Horrible evening and horrible forecast there after the news. Today was dry that’s the best I’d say about it. Cloudy and of course windy. Yesterday afternoon was decent nice and mild and some sunny spells.

Meath in the yellow advisory this morning.

Cloudy, drizzle, humid.

14⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy Showery Rain in Kildare

Wow some thunder and lightning storm here in NCD for the last hour, very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭esposito

Lovely evening in Meath. Was 18⁰ at 5pm.

13⁰ now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭lolie

Interesting reading the comments this evening from Dublin, some crazy weather. Nothing here today only one light shower that barely dampened the ground. Could see the cloud tops from the showers in North Dublin and up the North from here this evening and clear blue skies overhead. Lucky there was no Bruce Springsteen concert on this evening.

Is there any sign of some summer or even late spring good weather on the horizon? Not this pretend type sunshine and showers with the breeze there the whole time? But a period of calm sunny and warm weather even for a few days!!

It's shocking bad for May, shouldn't be still drying clothes indoors at this time of the year but the showers are mental.

If anything it's looking like it's getting colder over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

GFS is trying in places to get a high pressure established but it just can't make it. So nothing on the cards. We haven't had an unbroken spell of a weeks sunshine since 2022.

Cool cloudy breezy morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I was up your neck of the woods in NoCoDu yesterday evening playing football and it was gorgeous! Back to cloudy cool nonsense now though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Niall145

This whole year has just been so f-ing cloudy, we've literally had like only 6 or 7 fully sunny days in Dublin since New Years, almost all of them during the cold spells (that snow day in March was the one highlight of this otherwise crappy year). Anyway it usually changes around end of May/early June, we'll see....

• Advertisement

Very unpleasant feel to today it’s actually cold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement