Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on scaling business

Options
  • 01-03-2023 1:47pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

We started our business about a year ago and after a very successful start to 2023, I feel we are in the position to scale our operation.

My concern is that I know I am leaving a lot of money on the table because, while I am sufficient in most parts of my operation, I'm not an expert, and I'm sure there are a number of ways I can save money.

Does anyone have any advice on getting expert-level advice? For example, hire someone to sit with me for half a day as I go through everything so they can then suggest ways we can improve. I've talked to my LEO office and its not really something they assist with outside of mentoring and I find much of the mentoring relevant to just services operations rather than goods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Is there a chapter of the Business Networking in Ireland (BNI) local to you? I know a number of people that have engaged with it over the years and all have found it very helpful from areas such as general advice to growing business opportunities.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Not in Limerick, but one in Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Have you a detailed business plan, along with 3 year finical projections, and a brutally honest SWOT analysis, including barriers to entry, you unique selling point etc etc?

The title says scale, the body of post says save

??

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have a very honest SWOT analysis completed last year and it's been quite consistently proven correct thus far. I have a business plan but honestly, the business has evolved and it's operating differently to how I envisaged (for the better).

What I mean by "save" is that I am profitable but if I scale aggressively I know I would need advice so my profits are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Limerick_dude

Not sure if you've come across this group might be worth making contact https://www.midwestmentoring.ie/ they might be able to offer you some advice or point you towards another member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

Great to hear about your success. One approach can be hiring a business consultant or a coach specializing in scaling businesses. They can provide practical insights and strategies tailored specifically to your needs and situation.

Another strategy is to leverage technology. Implementing management software can be a smart move for tracking performance and identifying inefficiencies. You can use this performance tracking tool - it offers a good solution for keeping track of staff productivity. It might help you find and address operational bottlenecks, ultimately allowing for more streamlined processes and better decision-making.

Advertisement