If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Technia LP120X USB

Options
  • 01-03-2023 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I know this forum is more for sales rather than tec advise but I'm hoping you can help or point me in the direction of where I might get the advise.

My son bought an Audio Technia LP120X USB turntable from the Irish site a few days ago. He didn't realize that it didn't have a volume control on it. He wants to Run it to his PC via USB & then convert it to MP3. He then will use it with DJ decks & mix the sound. His problem is that it comes into the PC at full volume & the sound is distorted. I was wondering if adding a preamp would be a solution? He might be able to reduce the volume on the preamp, before it gets to the PC?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Sleeper12.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately I haven't seen a turntable with a volume control.

Most phono stages also don't have a volume knob as it's usually down to the amplifier to control the volume.

The LP120XUSB has a built in phono stage so there would be no need to add an external one. The phono stage is used to boost the volume before it get to an amplifier which is required to be able to listen to the turntable at a normal volume. Without a phono stage it would be very low.

There should be a little switch on the back of the LP120XUSB which switches the phono stage on and off. He could switch it to off and see it that makes any difference to the volume going to the PC. Although I don't think it will change the volume output on the USB...

Does it transfer over to his PC distorted or is it only distorted when playing back? Is there anyway he can adjust the volume within his PC. If the PC speakers are turned down does this change anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Thank you for taking the time to reply. He managed to find the problem himself in the end. It had something to do with the software he was using on the PC. He changed software and everything is working fine now. He is now very happy with the turntable he purchased from you guys. 👍

• Company Representative Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Fantastic! Glad to hear he's got it sorted.

If he has any other issues please let us know.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.