Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Involved with GAA in the USA

• 01-03-2023 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone, hope all good.

Planning on travelling to America (not sure which city yet) for the summer on a working Visa (Wasn't adventurous enough during University to do a J1😅)! I've nearly got the application form completed but before scheduling a visa interview at the US Embassy wanted to pick a few GAA peoples brains about getting involved in GAA out there!

My main question is about finding employment out there which I know is a prerequisite to obtaining a working visa. How do J1 students manage to get employment & accommodation out there? Is it a matter of dropping some GAA clubs out there a message & seeing if they can help out in some way? I'm only 24 so working on a building site (or any work like that) wouldn't bother me at all as the opportunity to meet new people, do some sightseeing and experience something new would be a fair trade off!

And secondly, any good suggestions on what Cities I should consider?

Any help is really appreciated with the above as its a scratch I do want to itch before life gets in the way!

Thanks.😁

Advertisement