Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major emergency declared at Wexford General Hospital after a major fire there.

Options
  • 01-03-2023 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

All 207 patients have to be moved.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Have an elderly family member there at the moment, couldn't reach them for a long time. HSE is launching a helpline shortly, for anyone else in the dark.

Edit: The helpline is 053 9153012

Post edited by Curse These Metal Hands on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Stressful time for all. Theyll have to be moved all over the place. Dublin hospitals will have to take some patients in too

Well done to the emergency services on ensuring no deaths

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'll be unpopular here because it's the national past-time to criticise the HSE but they need credit for their emergency planning too.

Yeah I meant all emergency services involved in this case ; police, fire, ambulance and HSE too

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Every member of an Garda shiochana in the Wexford division in attendance. Understand the button has been pressed to activate the HSE crisis management protocol

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hospitals are full everywhere I would say, Waterford or Kilkenny would be nearer if beds available

I hope everyone is ok

Oh yeah but they had to move patients all over the place including Cork and Dublin

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,438 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I see we had Howlin in trying to make political capital of the event by expressing his ‘anxiety’ for those moved to other hospitals and that they would get the best of care.

Lookit….. there were people up all night actually doing the positive work, all emergency personell, out on the front lines where it hurts, putting themselves about actually fixing things.

Huge logistical operation, good planning, well carried out but not a dickie about that!

Would suggest the ‘opposition’ keep schtum about politicising this and have the cop on to understand the huge work done by all those involved.

We can see what you are up to

Advertisement