Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair Exchange Issue

Options
  • 02-03-2023 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hey folks looking for some advice here.

Placed a lay bet on a horse at Betfair SP - as tend to place bets early in day as often cant place before race starts.

Liabilty was €77.67 as per attached screenshot. Horse was beaten yet my winnings were based on a liability of €33.14. Spoke to BF via Twitter but getting some mad response saying everything is in order. I place lots of bets like this so not sure what is going on.

Any idea of next step seeing as Im being fobbed off?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Not an expert on BF, but looks like partially unmatched ?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

I have probably done two hundred bets like this in the last 6 weeks and no issues.

Its at Betfair SP and no mention in their reply about being unmatched.

Also, hard to see a fav not being fully matched.

There were a couple of late non runners in the race - 1 hour or so before. Maybe they then reduce my liability to take account of this, but they didnt say that in their response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

betfair customer service is appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

You're on the right track. You placed your Betfair SP Lay Bet at 12:45:53pm when there were 7 runners in the race. There were 2 non runners declared at 1:31pm and 2:07pm & a further 2 withdrawals at 3:01pm and 3:18pm reducing the field to 3 horses.

You may already be familiar with the Betfair Exchange way of dealing with non runners by using a reduction factor as opposed to Rule 4 used by traditional bookmakers. They've applied these reduction factors to your initial liability of €77.67. It may state what the total reduction factor was on your bet settlement statement. Somewhere close to 57.33% perhaps. Check the desktop version of their website as it may be more detailed than the mobile version.

• Advertisement

Only seeing this reply now, many thanks. Makes sense.

Don't know why customer service couldnt tell me that (after reaching out to the trading team twice) instead of telling me my reduced liability was what my initial liability was.

Advertisement