Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Plumber in Attic Conversion

• 02-03-2023 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

How much would it cost to get a plumber in as part of an attic conversion job? I'm trying to project the costs before I get the quotes in.

I would assume the builders we go with would have somebody with them or contracted to do some work.

Wat would require work is:

(1) Move tank to new location and sort out piping.

(2) Ensuite work

(3) Radiator installation?

(4) Move any piping to a new location

On the last item I would need to have a look in the attic again, but this might be ok. I think most of the pipes are beside the back wall to our neighbours or to the sides where we would have the storage areas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭raxy

Have you already got someone for the attic conversion? Part of getting the attic conversion would include moving the tank & installing a radiator even without getting the ensuite in. My ensuite was €7,000 on top of the attic conversion cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Nope. Getting quotes first. Was the ensuite basic enough?

Shower, toilet and vanity cupboard under sink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭raxy

Yes, shower, toilet & sink with small cupboard under it. There's a towel radiator & small window as well. Tiled in the shower & small backsplash at sink.

The main thing we wanted with the ensuite is that it went on the side with the stairs. Otherwise it would have meant the room would be quite small. Some of the people we asked said it could only go on the other side & would have taken ~ 1m from the width of the room.

Advertisement