Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOMO €15 plan now includes 5G

• 02-03-2023 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭

GOMO are now giving customers on the €15 plan 5G as well as data and calls. Anyone on the cheaper plans will have to upgrade to get 5G. Hopefully those plans will get it eventually.

€15 seems like a good deal nonetheless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Rather than open a new thread I may as well piggyback this one

For those travelling abroad outside of Europe then check out gomo world it’s data packages from €3.99 with an esim so no messing with local sims

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Seems like a cop out for those of us who managed to get it 9.99 for life.

As long as 4g doesn't get slower/throttled as a result I am still very happy with my deal though!

In all seriousness though, what benefit does the average user gain from 5G? What content is out there for most people that would would make you "Need" 5g?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,425 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Do they plan on keeping the 4G network forever to spite the original 9.99 subscribers?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

In fairness I think 4G will be around for a long while, the 3g network is still on for example.

What I'm taking from this is that gomo arent making any money on the 9.99 folks (I have 3 of those sims).

I reckon if they had the time over again, they'd never have gone in at 9.99. It was purely a loss leader.

That being said, I have no intention of moving plan.

People always seem to want the fastest speed, 4g is fine for me and €9.99 is a bargain price too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,099 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There wont be the same legacy issues with 4g like there were with 2 and 3, the frequencies were needed in that instance. Im perfectly happy with a tenner for life and won't be paying for 5,6,7G etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

4G is fine for me, let them charge extra for 5G I wont be taking it up. I hope they dont start throttling the 4G over time to force us on to a higher package.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,099 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

they use the eir network, so they would have to throttle the network from eir's side. Or face a charge of throttling the customer specific level.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

in real terms the new plan is same value as the 4G one : adjusted to30% inflation and adding another 20% for 'future proofing' the revenue for the next 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

It is the same price as the longstanding eir SIM-only package that you can get by walking into any eir Store. Not sure what the big deal of GOMO is?

I am an eir customer and have 5G SIM-only for €10 per month. Unlimited everything with 30GB roaming. This simply can't be beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭daheff

is that 15€ a price for life like the 9.99?

Some of my kids have phones on 48. Not entirely happy with them -especially on roaming so looking to move them. at pretty much the same cost as 48 i'd happily move them to Gomo (I have 9.99 for life myself). 5G is an extra bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Non-eir customers pay €14.99, going up to €29.99 after a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Glaceon

And new Eir signups are subject to that ridiculous CPI+3% price hike every April so it really isn't a level playing field unless you're willing to change network every year.

GOMO has had poor 4G recently for me on several occasions. This explains it. Never had issues before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I had always figured they would do this, you can keep your €10 a month plan but you won't get 5G when we release it or any new features on the network that come along.

I'll probably stay put on €10 for now, I wouldn't mind 5G speeds but it's a luxury rather than a necessity and I'd be wary of it eating up more battery on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,882 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Like others here and as I said on the thread in Mobiles, I'm quite happy on my 9.99 plan with 4G. I have fibre broadband or Wifi access pretty much everywhere and I don't rely on the phone for Netflix/Disney or whatever so 5G is of no benefit to me.

VF tried charging people extra for 5G as I recall but there were not many takers so now it's included by default. I expect this will be the same, but if not... meh! 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I often get 4G+ when I'm out and about and have seen 100Gb/s on speedtest, that's on the 9.99 plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,435 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

on a gomo 9.99 plan

what would 5g give me.?

unfortunately I don't get that at home. or a 5g signal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Im on the 15 a month deal, no sign of 5g for me. Im in waterford and the LTE pixel 6a im on is pretty quick but as i said no 5g yet for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭archfi

No sign of esim for our normal accounts so far.

I'd like the choice of that, maybe soon?

Not interested in 5G, 4G is perfectly fine!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

download the app and you can use it straight away if you are going abroad, 30 days fr me in the uae with 5gb of data is €15 which is easier than getting a local sim and adding credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

It's a 30-day sim. At the end of 12 months, you 'cancel' and you roll over again. I am on it years and it has never gone up in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Downloaded the app but isn't compatible with my phone, Oppo A53. Shame, off to US next month so would have been handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Here is a list of devices compatible with GoMoWorld:

https://www.gomoworld.com/faqs/is-my-device-compatible-with-gomoworld/

Apple;

– iPhone 11 series

– iPhone 12 series

– iPhone 13 series

– iPhone 14 series

– iPhone XS

– iPhone XR

– iPhone SE (2020)

– iPad Air (3rd Generation) WiFi + Cellular

– iPad Pro (3rd Generation) WiFi + Cellular

– iPad Mini (5th Generation) WiFi + Cellular

Samsung;

– Galaxy S21 series (except FE)

– Galaxy S22 series (except FE)

– Galaxy Z Flip

– Galaxy Z Fold2 5G and above

Google;

– Pixel 3 & 3 XL*

– Pixel 3a & 3a XL*

– Pixel 4, 4a, & 4 XL

– Pixel 5

– Pixel 6, 6a & 6 Pro

– Pixel 7 & 7 Pro

Oppo;

– Find X3 Pro

– Reno 5A

– Find X5 & Find X5 Pro

– Other devices;

– Fairphone 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

BUT your device needs to be unlocked for GoMoWorld to work.

I'll outlast them on 4G for 9.99

No doubt about that

Actually does anyone else experience this? 4G is the ONLY data network that is reliable on Gomo. As soon as phone drops back to 3G or H+ - data rates drop to near zero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Importantly, you've left out that you're already an eir landline customer.

SIM-only for non-eir-landline customers is €15p/m.

It is what it's.

Do people still have landlines ? 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Exactly the same here. 4g or 4g+ is solid with great speeds. Once it drops to H+ or below it becomes unusable.

I'm also on the €9.99 plan and won't be upgrading.

• Advertisement

Advertisement