Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Approved Profit Sharing Schemes APSS

• 03-03-2023 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭

A new UK company set up in Ireland for PAYE only (branch) to pay a remote Irish worker. The company is an "employee company" in the UK and operates the equivalent of an Approved Profit-Sharing Schemes APSS.

I've been tasked of running the payroll for the person in Ireland and i'm curious of the implications needed to pay the APSS to the Irish individual working in Ireland remotely.

If the company pays €3,000 shares, these funds go straight to the trustee of the fund but the value is processed on payroll for EE PRSI and USC only (not PAYE)? Then after 3 years, the funds are released and paid to the employee and are not subjected to PAYE/USC or PRSI?

It feels like my understanding is wrong,

Post edited by Green Mile on

Comments

Advertisement