Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asbestos, pyrite, radon gas, Japanese Knotweed, Have you checked them all?

Options
  • 03-03-2023 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

As far as my current knowledge goes, Asbestos, pyrite are generally visually inspected.

but How does everyone check radon gas, Japanese Knotweed, when buying second hand house?

If you have carried out both tests, can you recommend your supplier to me?

For radon gas, the information on the EPA website is that it takes three months to get results, and the fastest electronic detector takes seven days.

It is unlikely that the owner of the house would allow the buyer to carry out such a long test.

Japanese Knotweed, the surveyor told me he had not heard of it in dublin, is it unnecessary?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

It’s a sellers market at the moment. I’d be surprised if any potential buyer would pull out of a purchase and go back to square one, because of Japanese Knotweed, etc.

Advertisement