Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplier Issues

Options
  • 04-03-2023 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Can anyone suggest what to do when house has only one supplier option which is the most expensive out there. so i live in Clonsilla and my household has no option to Eir , Sky ,Vodafone Etc . my only supplier that i can get is Virgin which i think is shocking. i live in a semi detached house in middle of built up area and neighbours are able to receive these suppliers as ive done an eircode test..

what options do i have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

What's available to your neighbours?

FTTH via fibre, FTTC/VDSL via copper??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xw4lshyo

That is something I don't know as I'm not tech savy. I know my neighbours can get access to eir broadband up to 100mbs with TV bundles, Vodafone broadband, sky TV and broadband,etc..

My option is only to go with virgin media.. I've been on phone to multiple service providers and they just churn out the same written script without looking into it.

I have virgin with is so temperamental that it's doing my head in. And I'm wired with cat 7 cables.

I'm at a lose as to how to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Up to 100 Mbps is FTTC/VDSL over copper line.

Do you have a copper phoneline to the house?

The process to switch off copper has started, just awaiting the go ahead from Comreg.

If there is no phoneline it's unlikely they will install one for you now given the impending switch off.

If there is a phoneline in place then it could be down to the lack of availability of ports in a nearby cabinet. In this case a port will only become available if a premises cancels their service thus freeing up a port.

If any of the above applies you may have to wait until fibre optic cable is rolled out by one of the wholesale providers, open-eir and/or SIRO.

Have you contacted any of the retail providers directly to see what is the situation with your eircode?

Advertisement