Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 month old speech worry

Options
  • 04-03-2023 10:00pm
    Administrators Posts: 368 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion was created from comments split from: 20 months and too busy too talk.
    Post edited by shesty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Until about age 3, my friend's boy only had 6-8 poorly enunciated words. His uncle was similar. The child is fine now. I'm not sure what age my nephew started talking at. Girls generally speak more and at a younger age than boys.

Are you able to communicate with him and him with you? Does he have a balance of interacting with toll

Are you able to communicate ideas to him and vice versa? My sister in law used sign language with my nieces when they were younger. Does your son have a balance of interacting with other toddlers and with adults / older children and seeing you interacting with them? Do you read to him?

If you are concerned, chat to your GP or public health nurse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement