Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ftth installation Eir.

Options
  • 05-03-2023 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Looking for advice:

Had a installation done last Friday. Rented accommodation with a lack of power sockets. All apparatus situated in bedroom because of this reason. Main TV is in sitting room about 10 mtrs away. WiFi speed showing around 3 mgs at this location, with speed at modem 140 down ,25 up. Installer informed me the speed would max out after 24 hrs at around the 500 which I ordered.

So far this has not happened... Also worried when the TV box arrives at where this is now going to be located. If the speed reaches close to what I ordered will I gain speed at the TV which only shows 3 at the moment.

Will the TV box work on WiFi, Does it take time for the speed to reach 450+ You would think that the modem would cover our ground floor apartment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Are you testing the speed via WiFI or wired Ethernet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭corks finest

My WiFi not wired gets up to 750 mb at times,not needed as most ppl only need 70/80mb down

Say you'll be fine.

Eir on the other hand ate not.

Advertisement