Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drones - There countless lists of where we cannot fly and NONE of where we can -

• 06-03-2023 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I have been in communition with various sections of Fingal County Council for over year ( as the advertise themslevs as "Drone Tolerant" ) , requesting a designated corner of any of their parks to allow drone flying,and still I am not nearer to getting a response.

I could obvioulsy just fly and plead ignorance but I dont, I am certified and registered as is my drone and also full insured.. this is for recreational purposes only...also a member of the UAAI - so I take a very responsible approach and I know the rules.. but still can find NO where I can legally fly.!

The IAA advise fo finding a land owner and getting their permission - which is like catching a unicorn by sprinkling salt on it's tail..!!

During the recent Dublin Airport Drone incidents , I emailed the following to EVERY member of Fingal County Council and received Zero replies :

------------------------

Hi 

Just my 2 P's worth............

What is happening with drones @ the Airport , is obviously so WRONG but

also consider there is nowhere for these idiots to learn from

responsible, licensed and insured, non- commercial, recreational drone

flyers like myself because we have literally nowhere that we are

allowed fly.

No parks, no beaches, no countryside..

nowhere..

There countless lists of where we cannot fly and NONE of

where we can -

We DO NOT need more restrictions, there are enough of

them we need places where we can meet and educate.  

Eddie

--------------

Post edited by eddie on

Advertisement